Phone: (86) 027-87558482
Academic Areas: Electronics
Dr.Liu Huan is an associate professor and rising-star scholar in School of Optical and Electronic Information at Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST). She focuses on low-dimensional functional materials and their application in optoelectronic and electronics. Dr. Liu has developed novel gas sensor and solar cells using colloidal quantum dots. She also makes efforts on establishing their working mechanism by uncovering the inherent physical and chemical essence. Dr. Liu has received funding from National Natural Science Foundation of China, Ministry of Education, China Scholarship Council, and the People's Government of Hubei Province. She has participated in over 20 research projects. Dr. Liu has authored and co-authored over 50 peer reviewed journal articles (2 in Nature family journals, 3 in Advanced Materials, 1 in Nano Letters and 1 in ACS Nano), and held over 10 China and foreign patents. She is a referee for prestigious journals including Sensors and Actuators B-Chemical. Dr. Liu is a recipient supported by “Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University”. She has received Technological Invention Award of Hubei Province, Scientific and Technological Advance Award of Wuhan City.
PhD in Micro and Solid-State Electronics, 2008, Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
Master, Micro and Solid-State Electronics, 2004, Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
Bachelor, Electronic science and Technology, 2001, Huazhong University of Science and Technology.
At HUST since 2004. School of Optical and Electronic Information, HUST.
Associate Professor (2011-present): School of Optical and Electronic Information, HUST;
Postdoctoral Fellow (2009-2011): Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Toronto, Canada;
Lecturer (2006-2011): Department of Electronic Science and Technology, HUST;
Teaching Assistant (2004-2006): Department of Electronic Science and Technology, HUST.
1. Huan Liu, Min Li, Oleksandr Voznyy, Long Hu, Qiuyun Fu, Dongxiang Zhou, Zhe Xia, Edward H. Sargent, Jiang Tang, Physically flexible, rapid-response gas sensor based on colloidal quantum dot solids, Advanced Materials 26, 2718–2724 (2014).
2. Huan Liu, Jiuxiao Wan, Qiuyun Fu, Min Li, Wei Luo, Zhiping Zheng, Hefeng Cao, Yunxiang Hu, Dongxiang Zhou, Tin oxide films for nitrogen dioxide gas detection at low temperatures, Sensors and Actuators B-Chemical 177, 460–466 (2013).
3. Wei Luo, Qiuyun Fu, Dongxiang Zhou, Jianfeng Deng, Huan Liu, Guoping Yan, A surface acoustic wave H2S sensor with nanocrystalline SnO2 thin film, Sensors and Actuators B Chemical 176, 746–752 (2013).
4. Jiang Tang, Huan Liu, David Zhitomirsky, Sjoerd Hoogland, Xihua Wang, Melissa Furukawa, Larissa Levina, Edward H. Sargent, Quantum junction solar cells, Nano Letters, 12, 4889–4894 (2012).
5. Huan Liu, David Zhitomirsky, Sjoerd Hoogland, Jiang Tang, Illan J. Kramer, Zhijun Ning, Edward H, Sargent. Systematic optimization of quantum junction colloidal quantum dot solar cells, Applied Physics Letters, 101, 151112 (2012).
6. Kwang S. Jeong, Jiang Tang, Huan Liu, Jihye Kim, Andrew W. Schaefer, Kyle Kemp, Larissa Levina, Xihua Wang, Sjoerd Hoogland, Ratan Debnath, Lukasz Brzozowski, Edward H. Sargent, John B. Asbury, Enhanced mobility-lifetime products in PbS colloidal quantum dot photovoltaics, ACS Nano, 6, 89–99 (2012).
7. David Zhitomirsky, Melissa Furukawa, Jiang Tang, Philipp Stadler, Sjoerd Hoogland, Oleksandr Voznyy, Huan Liu, Edward H. Sargent, N-type colloidal quantum dot solids for Photovoltaics, Advanced Materials 24, 6181–6185 (2012).
8. Huan Liu, Jiang Tang, Illan J. Kramer, Ratan Debnath, Ghada I. Koleilat, Xihua Wang, Armin Fisher, Rui Li, Lukasz Brzozowski, Larissa Levina, Edward H. Sargent, Electron acceptor materials engineering in colloidal quantum dot solar cells, Advanced Materials, 23, 3832–3837 (2011).
9. Xihua Wang, Ghada I. Koleilat, Jiang Tang, Huan Liu, Illan J. Kramer, Ratan Debnath, Lukasz Brzozowski, D. Aaron R. Barkhouse, Larissa Levina, Sjoerd Hoogland, Edward H. Sargent, Tandem colloidal quantum dot solar cells employing a graded recombination layer, Nature Photonics, 5, 480–484 (2011).
10. Jiang Tang, Kyle W. Kemp, Sjoerd Hoogland, Kwang S. Jeong, Huan Liu, Larissa Levina, Melissa Furukawa, XihuaWang, Ratan Debnath, Dongkyu Cha, Kang Wei Chou, Armin Fischer, Aram Amassian, John B. Asbury, Edward H. Sargent, Colloidal-quantum-dot photovoltaics using atomic-ligand passivation, Nature Materials, 10, 765–771 (2011).
11. Huan Liu, Shuping Gong, Yunxiang Hu, Jianqiao Liu, Dongxiang Zhou, Properties and mechanism study of SnO2 nanocrystals for H2S thick-film sensors, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 140, 190–195 (2009).
New Century Excellent Talents in University (NCET-12–0216), 2012, Ministry of Education, China
Technological Invention Award (First-class), 2010, The People's Government of Hubei Province, China
Scientific and Technological Advance Award (Second-class), 2009, The People's Government of Wuhan City, China
Rising-star Scholar of HUST, 2013, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Undergraduates: Semiconductor Physics
Doctoral students: Introduction to Solid-State Electronics