Academic Areas: Nonvolatile semiconductor memory; High-k dielectric; Si-, Ge-, GaAs-based MOS field effect transistor
As a lecturer at school of Optical and Electronic information, Huazhong University of Science & Technology Graduate, Liu Lu is mainly in engaged in research work of nonvolatile semiconductor storage materials and devices, including Si-based SONOS charge-trapping memory, GaAs MOS-based quantum dot memory. As next-generation application of the traditional floating-gate flash memory, the conventional SiO2 and Si3N4 are substituted by the high-k dielectrics and Compound semiconductor material, and hence optimization of the material, structure and fabricating processes of its blocking layer, charge storage layer and tunneling layer will be the main approach of improving performances of charge-trapping memory. Theoretically, an analytical model of the charge-trapping memory reliability is established. The correctness and accuracy of the model are confirmed by good agreement of the simulated results with experimental data. More than fifteen papers have been published in Applied Physics Letters and other well-known international journals.
PhD in Microelectronics and Solid State Electronics，2013，Huazhong University of Science & Technology Graduate, School of Optical and Electronic information;
B. E. 2008, Huazhong University of Science & Technology, Department of Electronic Science & Technology.
Huazhong University of Science & Technology, School of Optical and Electronic information, Lecturer(2013-present);
1. Improved Characteristics for MOHOS Memory with Oxygen-Rich GdO as Charge Storage Layer annealed by NH3,Applied Physics A, on line, 2013
2. Improved Charge-Trapping Properties of TiON/HfON Dual Charge Storage Layer by Tapered Band Structure, Applied Physics Letters , 101(13), 133503, 2012.
3. Improved Memory Characteristics by NH3-Nitrided GdO as Charge Storage Layer for Nonvolatile Memory Applications,Applied Physics Letters, 101(3), 033501, 2012.
4. Ultranthin HfON/SiO2 Dual Tunneling Layer for Improving the Electrical Properties of Metal-Oxide-Nitride-Oxide- Silicon Memory, Thin Solid Films, 524, 263-267, 2012.
5. A Novel MONOS Memory with High-k HfLaON as Charge-Storage Layer, IEEE Transactions on Device and Materials Reliability, 11(2), 244-247, 2011.
6. Electrical properties of HfTiON gate-dielectric GaAs metal-oxide-semiconductor capacitor with AlON as interlayer, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, 61(3), 742-746, 2014.
7. Improved charge-trapping properties of HfYON film for nonvolatile memory applications in comparison with HfON and Y2O3 films, Applied Physics Letters, 99(11), 112903, 2011.
8. Nitrided SrTiO3 as charge-trapping layer for nonvolatile memory applications, Applied Physics Letters, 98(24), 242905, 2011.
9. Improved performance of yttrium-doped Al2O3 as inter-poly dielectric for flash-memory applications, IEEE Transactions on Device and Materials Reliability, 11(3), 490-494, 2011.
Microelectronic devices and integrated circuit design
The Doctoral Fund of Ministry of Education of China, No. 20130142120005
The Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities, No. 2013QN037