Academic Areas: New Mircowave ferroelectric and piezoelectric devices. Nanostructured sensing materials and devices
As a young scientist major in electrical engineering, Dr. Luo Wei graduated from Huazhong University of Science and Technology with a Ph.D in Solid state electronics and Microelectronics in 2009, from where he had studied the design and simulation of passive and wireless impedance-loaded surface acoustic wave (SAW) sensors. After that, he worked in the Department of Electrical and Information Engineering as a postdoctor. His current research focuses on the preparation of nanoscale materials and their application to new acoustic wave devices. He has designed and developed a new type wireless passive impedance-loaded SAW sensors integrated with nanocrystalline SnO2 films. He has taken three national research funds including the National Natural Science foundation of China (NSFC) for young scientist and published a few papers.
Sept.2004-July.2009 Ph. D in Microelectronics and Solid State Electronics, HUST.
Sept.2000-Jun.2004 B.S. in Electronic Science and Technology, HUST
Since Oct. 2012
Lecturer at School of Optical and Electrical Information in HUST.
Sept. 2009 - Sept. 2012
Postdoc at Department of Electrical Engineering in HUST, majoring in Signals and Information Processing Devices.
1. Wei Luo, Qiuyun Fu, Dongxiang Zhou, Jianfeng Deng, Huan Liu and Guoping Yan, “A surface acoustic wave H2S gas sensor employing nanocrystalline SnO2 thin film,” Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, vol. 176, pp. 746-752, 2013.
2. Wei Luo, Qiuyun Fu, Jianfeng Deng, Guoping Yan, Dongxiang Zhou, Shuping Gong and Yunxiang Hu, “An integrated passive impedance-loaded SAW sensor,” Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, vol. 187, pp. 215-220, 2013.
3. Qiuyun Fu, Lijia Wu, Wei Luo*, Dongxiang Zhou and Zhiping Zheng, “Preparation and Properties of BST Thin Films for Tunable Thin Film Bulk Acoustic Wave Resonator,” 11th International Conference on Materials Chemistry, 2013.(Corresponding author)
4. Wei Luo, Lijia Wu, Qiuyun Fu, Xiangyu Chen, Dong-xiang Zhou, “Preparation of the Bragg Reflectors of Tuneable Thin Film Bulk Acoustic Wave Resonators by RF Sputtering,” Proc. of the 2013 Symposium on Piezoelectricity, Acoustic Waves and Device Applications, pp. 44-47, 2013.
5. Qiuyun Fu, Jianfeng Deng, Dongxiang Zhou, Shuping Gong, Shujing Zhong and Wei Luo*, “Influence of Zinc oxide films structure on biological protein adsorption for SAW biosensors,” Proc. of the 14th International Meeting on Chemical Sensors, pp. 905-908 2012. (Corresponding author)
6. Wei Luo, Qiuyun Fu, Jianling Wang, Yi Wang, Dongxiang Zhou, “Theoretical analysis of wireless passive impedance-loaded SAW sensors,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 9(12), pp. 1778-1783, 2009.
7. Wei Luo, Qiuyun Fu, Jianling Wang, Huan Liu, and Dongxiang Zhou, “Accurate FEM/BEM simulation of wireless passive surface acoustic wave sensors,” Key Engineering Materials, vol. 368(1), pp. 198-201, 2008.
8. Qiuyun Fu, Wei Luo*, Jianling Wang, Yi Wang, and Dongxiang Zhou, “Simulation of wireless passive SAW sensors based on FEM/BEM model,” Proc. IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium, pp. 1861-1864, 2008. (Corresponding author)
9. Qiuyun Fu, Wei Luo*, Dongxiang Zhou, Yi Wang, “Accurate estimation of high velocity wave modes in piezoelectric crystals and its error analysis,” Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology (Natural Science Edition), vol. 37(11), pp. 50-53, 2009. (Corresponding author)
10. Qiuyun Fu, Wei Luo, Dongxiang Zhou, Shuoing Gong, and Honglang Li, “A novel toxic gases sensor based on the SAW device with ceramic nano-film,” 13th International Meeting on Chemical Sensors, July, 2010, Australia.
1. An microfluidic SAW device and its preparation method, Chinese invention patent application, 201210381369.2, Qiuyun Fu, Dongxiang Zhou, Wei Luo, Shuping Gong, Yunxiang Hu, Zhiping Zheng, Huan Liu, Jun Zhao.
2. An tunable film bulk acoustic wave resonator and its preparation method, Chinese invention patent application, 201210405161.X, Qiuyun Fu, Dongxiang Zhou, Wei Luo, Shuping Gong, Yunxiang Hu, Zhiping Zheng, Huan Liu, Jun Zhao.
3. An capacitive pressure sensor with High Q value and large variant amplitude, Chinese invention patent, 201010548819.3, Dongxiang Zhou, Qiuyun Fu, Shuping Gong, Wei Luo, Zhiping Zheng, Jun Zhao, Jianling Wang.
4. Wireless passive impedance-loaded surface acoustic wave sensors，Chinese invention patent application, 201010548842.2, Dongxiang Zhou, Qiuyun Fu, Shuping Gong, Wei Luo, Yunxiang Hu, Huan Liu.
Excellent Postdoctor of HUST, 2011, HUST
Basic of MEMS Design and Integration Technology