Professor of Engineering
Academic Areas: Optoelectronic Sensing and Signal Processing, Machine Vision Algorithm and Systems
Cao Danhua is the permanent member of the Professional Committee of Opto- electronic Technology in the Chinese Optical Society. Ever since working in the School of Optical and Electronic information, she has focused on the information processing technology of embedded systems based on DSP. As the project leader/principle member, she has completed more than 20 projects including those from the National Programs for Science and Technology R&D, the National High-tech R&D Program of China (863 Program), the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), and some enterprise cooperation projects. The projects covered researching fields of digital imaging system, image processing & recognition, real-time measurement & control based on embedded system, etc. In academical journals and conferences, she has published more than 40 papers, of which more than 20 are indexed in EI and ISTP. She has also won 6 patents in her researching fields.
PhD in Electronic Physics and Devices, 1993, Huazhong Univ. of Sci. & Tech.;
BE in Measuring and Control Technology and Instrumentations, 1987, Huazhong Univ. of Sci. & Tech.;
Huazhong Univ. of Sci. & Tech, School of Optoelectronic Science & Engineering, Professor(1993.06-present);
Huazhong Univ. of Sci. & Tech, School of Optoelectronic Science & Engineering, Vice Dean(2001.3-2010.10);
1. Danhua Cao, Shixiong Jiang,Yubin Wu, Song Zhu. Novel Invariant Zernike Moments as a Shape Descriptor for Machine Vision. Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering, v 9045, 2013, 2013 International Conference on Optical Instruments and Technology: Optoelectronic Imaging and Processing Technology. (EI: 20140417224944)
2. Song Zhu, Danhua Cao, Yubin Wu, Shixiong Jiang. A Novel Real-time Superpixel Segmentation Algorithm. Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering, v 9045, 2013, 2013 International Conference on Optical Instruments and Technology: Optoelectronic Imaging and Processing Technology. (EI: 20140417225004)
3. Danhua Cao, Jinkuan Tang, Yubin Wu. Algorithm for Fast Extracting Human Limb Contours using Searching NCM Points. Journal of Huazhong Univ. of Sci. & Tech. (Nature Science Edition), Vol. 35, No. 5: 16-18., 2007. (EI: 072710691200)
4. Danhua Cao, Wei Zou, Yubin Wu. Motion Human Detection Based on Difference Background Image. Opto-Electronic Engineering, Vol. 34, No. 6: 107-111., 2007. (EI: 072910703156)
5. Danhua Cao, Jinkuan Tang, Yubin Wu. Optimization for the Algorithm of Human Body Recognition Based on DSPs. Opto-Electronic Engineering, Vol. 34, No. 4: 30-34., 2007. (EI: 072210628328)
6. Jinkuan Tang, Danhua Cao, Yubin Wu, Wenwen Gu. A Novel Head-location Algorithm Based on Combined Mask. Journal of Image and Graphics, Vol. 12, No. 8: 1389-1394., 2007.
7. Song Yao, Danhua Cao, Yubin Wu. Performance of Autofocus Judgement in Different Quantity of Information Series Image. Opto-Electronic Engineering, Vol. 33, No. 5: 81-85., 2006. (EI: 06269966825)
8. Jinkuan Tang, Danhua Cao, Yubin Wu. Image-based Optical Detecting System Used for the Analysis of Human Activities. Optical Test and Measurement Technology and Equipment，Proc. SPIE Vol.6150, 2005, 61501I-1- 61501I-7. (EI: 06149796592, ISTP: BDY85)