Professor of Microelectronics
Academic Areas: Microelectronics
Dr Zeng Xiangbin, professor, director of Institute of photonic device and information integration, HuaZhong University of Science and Technology, senior member of ASID, member of a council of China Energy Society, talents of innovation and establishing enterprise of Jiangsu Province(2013), talents of innovation group of Jiangsu Province(2013), talents of LUYANGJINGFENG plan of Yangzhou city of Jiangsu Province(2012). From 1998 to 1999, as a visiting scholar, he worked at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, HongKong. From 2001 to 2003, as a Research Fellow, he worked at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. His research interests focus on ZnO thin film(sensor)，AZO thin film, BZO thin film, active matrix liquid crystal display(poly-Si TFTs, transparent TFTs, transparent electronics), active matrix OLED, flexible display, flexible solar cell, Si nanometer, Si quantum dot (LED, memory) and solar cells including c-Si, a-Si thin film, a-Si tandem, μ-Si thin film , Si quantum dot solar cell, a-Si/c-Si heterojunction, and compound (WS2,MoS2,etc)heterojunction solar cells. He has fabricated a-Si thin film tandem solar cells with conversion efficiency of 11.48%, a-Si/c-Si heterojunction solar cells with conversion efficiency of 20%, and a-Si thin film flexible solar cells with conversion efficiency of 6%. He has published more than 100 research papers in conference and journal, and applied 18 patents.
PhD in Microelectronics and solid state electronics at Department of Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology. M.Eng. degree in Electronic materials and devices at Department of Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology. B.S degree in Semiconductor physics and devices at Department of Electronic Engineering, Xi’an Jiaotong University.
At the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, HongKong, from 1998 to 1999, visiting scholar. At Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, from 2001 to 2003, Research Fellow.At Huazhong University of Science and Technology, School of Optical and Electronic Information, China, Professor (2007-present).
1. The effects of annealing temperature on photoluminescence of silicon nanoparticles embedded in SiNx matrix，Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids， 357, 2187-2191. 2011
2. Deposition of quasi-crystal Al-doped ZnO thin films for photovoltaic device applications，Applied Surface Science , 257: 232–238,2010
3. The properties of Al doped ZnO thin films deposited on various substrate materials by RF magnetron sputtering，Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics，J Mater Sci: Mater Electron 23:1580–1586,2012
4. Room temperature magnetoelectric coupling study in multiferroic Bi4NdTi3Fe0.7Ni0.3O15 prepared by a multicalcination procedure, Ceramics International, 40: 6815-6819. 2014
5. Synthesis and Optical Properties of Si-Rich Nitride Containing Silicon Quantum Dots. Journal of Electronic Materials, 1-6. 3445-3450，2013
6. Room temperature multiferroic properties of Ni-doped Aurivillus phase Bi5Ti3FeO15, Ceramics International, 40: 2635-2639. 2014
7. An approach for improving the carriers transport properties of a-Si: H/c-Si heterojunction solar cells with efficiency of more than 27%. Solar Energy, 96, 168-176. 2013
8. Room temperature multiferroic properties and magnetocapacitance effect of modified ferroelectric Bi4Ti3O12 ceramic, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 46: 425001. 2013
9. Structural evolution and photoluminescence of annealed Si-rich nitride with Si quantum dots prepared by plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition, Journal of Applied Physics, 115: 154314, 2014
10. Photoluminescence properties and crystallization of silicon quantum dots in hydrogenated amorphous Si-rich silicon carbide films, Journal of Applied Physics, 115: 164303, 2014
11. Crystallization mechanism of silicon quantum dots upon thermal annealing of hydrogenated amorphous Si-rich silicon carbide films, Thin Solid Films, 552(3):18-23, 2014 Texturization and rounded process of silicon wafers for heterojunction with intrinsic thin-layer solar cells, Frontiers of Optoelectronics, 7(1): 46-52, 2014
The third prize of 2007Agilent Cup Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology Call for Paper Contest.
Excellent master’s supervisor of Hubei province in 2011.
Talents of innovation and establishing enterprise of Jiangsu Province(2013)
Talents of innovation group of Jiangsu Province(2013)
Talents of LUYANGJINGFENG plan of Yangzhou city of Jiangsu Province(2012)
Microelectronic Devices and IC design
Progress of Solid State Electronics and Microelectronics
Physics and technology of Microfabrication
Solar cells and its applications